Sunday, December 5, 2010

It is a boy!

After 41 weeks of waiting, our little bundle of joy finally decided he was ready to enter the world! I want to first set up the timeline, so that we will remember it too. On Sunday night, I was having regular contractions and we decided to go to the hospital. I arrived at the hospital in my typical perky demeanor and filled out our hospital forms (all indicators that I was actually not in labor!). To my disappointment, I had only dilated to 1 cm. Mark and I returned home and prepared for another day of no baby.

Literally twenty-four hours later, I was having regular painful contractions. We decided to go back to the hospital. This time I was dilated to 6 cm and was checked in! We were going to meet this baby soon. After being transferred to our labor and delivery room, we called my parents to let them know. Initially they were going to wait to drive up that morning, but after 30 minutes they decided to drive up to Oklahoma City in the middle of the night.

After 15 hours of labor, Clark Thomas Pogemiller entered the world! Mark and I both suspected that we were having a boy, but it was so cool to have Mark share the news with me. Clark weighed in at 7 lbs 4 oz and he was 19.5 inches.

Clark shares his birthday with his Grandpa Pogemiller. He was also born on the day that Oklahoma became a state!


1 comment:

J, H, A, M and O said...

Clark is adorable. You guys are so lucky.

Can't wait to hear all about it Ellen.