Monday, December 20, 2010
Clark is having a few issues sleeping the second half of the night. These issues have coincided with his parents also having difficulty sleeping during the same time period! Even with a varied sleeping schedule, Clark is a morning person. His best smiles are in the morning!
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
We can't believe our little man is already one month old! We are so lucky to have a happy healthy little boy! Mark or I will try to update at least once a month with his milestones, likes and dislikes and of course his little adventures.
One Month Milestones:
- He no longer cries during tummy time. He seems content to look around and he typically brings his fist to his mouth. Mark and I are afraid that he is going to be a thumb sucker like I was!
- He can grasp objects with his hands. This includes our hands and objects that are dangled in front of him.
- He sleeps well through the first half of the night. (I am knocking on wood!) The second half of his bedtime sleep is a little more rocky.
- He listens to stories during his alert time. His favorite story (aka Mom's favorite story) is To Market To Market. It is a very funny story that is a twist on the Mother Goose version. Clark and I laugh every time we read it.
- He is starting to make eye contact with us for longer periods of time. Since he can now see 12 inches, I believe he recognizes Mark's and my face.
What he loves (note that most of his loves deal with motion):
- Bouncing in someone's arms or in his bouncy chair
- Going up and down stairs
- Car rides
- Hair dryers
- Going on walks
- Sleep Sheep
What he does not love:
- bath time
- being naked
- diaper changes
- University of kansas
Below are pictures from the first month:
The Clarks came to visit!
Clark's shirt says "100% Good Most of the Time"!
Clark's first Missouri game. We beat Iowa State!
Clark's first Thanksgiving with the Pogemillers! He wore three Thanksgiving themed shirts that day: "I'm Stuffed," "My First Thanksgiving," and our favorite"I'm Thankful for Mommy and Daddy"
Uncle Bret visited us the day after Thanksgiving!
The Pogemillers again!
Nona came back to help us out!
Clark's first visit with Santa. He was able to meet him at our neighborhood children's party.
Clark's buddy Rex!
Clark dressed up in his warmest outfit. The high that day was in the 30s!
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Congratulations to my Aunt Nancy for winning the baby pool!! She guessed that we were having a boy on November 17th. She also guessed that the baby would be over 7lbs. When Nancy asked me to put in her guess, I balked at the idea of having a 7 lb baby. Both Mark and I were small babies and a 7lb baby sounded huge! Nancy - we will bring you a little prize when we come to Austin for the holidays!
After 41 weeks of waiting, our little bundle of joy finally decided he was ready to enter the world! I want to first set up the timeline, so that we will remember it too. On Sunday night, I was having regular contractions and we decided to go to the hospital. I arrived at the hospital in my typical perky demeanor and filled out our hospital forms (all indicators that I was actually not in labor!). To my disappointment, I had only dilated to 1 cm. Mark and I returned home and prepared for another day of no baby.
Literally twenty-four hours later, I was having regular painful contractions. We decided to go back to the hospital. This time I was dilated to 6 cm and was checked in! We were going to meet this baby soon. After being transferred to our labor and delivery room, we called my parents to let them know. Initially they were going to wait to drive up that morning, but after 30 minutes they decided to drive up to Oklahoma City in the middle of the night.
After 15 hours of labor, Clark Thomas Pogemiller entered the world! Mark and I both suspected that we were having a boy, but it was so cool to have Mark share the news with me. Clark weighed in at 7 lbs 4 oz and he was 19.5 inches.
Clark shares his birthday with his Grandpa Pogemiller. He was also born on the day that Oklahoma became a state!