Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Surprise Baby Shower

Mark and I took our last big road trip before the arrival of BP. We were fortunate to see our good friends Katie & Andy and Jill & Joe as we cheered on the MU Tigers to victory! After the game, we drove to Mark's parents' house. When we arrived at the house, I noticed that the living room and kitchen were covered in baby shower decorations and there was a huge cake on the table. It was a shower for us! After dinner and cake, they gave us one gift which was three Mizzou onesies!!
The next morning when I came downstairs, Mark, Kristin and Carol were all waiting with cameras in hand. I was a little puzzled and I smiled awkwardly until I discovered there were more gifts in the living room!! This was my "shower across the miles"! The shower the night before was a decoy. I was surprised and touched and I also wished that I had taken the time to dry my hair!! It was so cool to have gifts and notes sent from all over the states. We spent the rest of the weekend trying to keep up with our niece and nephew!!

The hostesses!!

1 comment:

AmyC said...

How sweet!!! I am so glad you all had such a great time. See you soon.