Saturday, April 16, 2011

My 30th Birthday!

I am not sure when I found out about golden birthdays. I like to imagine that I was eating ice cream at a birthday party in Paris and someone explained to me the magical phrase "golden birthday". A golden birthday is when your age and your date of birth match. My golden birthday was my 30th on March 30th! I initially wanted to go on a big trip for my 30th and then I remembered that I had a four month old and the trip was not as enticing.

In college, my roommates and I threw a random t-shirt party. I thought it was the perfect party because you could wear jeans and a t-shirt and I wasn't really into getting all jazzed up. Fast forward and I was looking for fun invitations for my 30th and I found a Nameapalooza birthday. It was destiny! For my birthday, Mark threw me an Ellenpalooza party and everyone was encouraged to wear a funny tshirt.

I couldn't have asked for a better evening for the party. My mother offered to make the food, Mark bought cupcakes from cuppies & joe and my neighbor Katy supplied the perfect party supplies. Mark and I had so much fun and were so thankful that all of our friends were able to make it out to celebrate.

The next night Mark planned a one night staycation in OKC complete with my parents & brother watching Clark overnight. We ate at Ludvine (a new local restaurant that changes their menu weekly) and then headed over to the civic center. We saw the world premiere (their words not ours) of the OKC ballet, philharmonic and choral on one stage. It was awesome and I now want to enroll in adult ballet! We stayed the night at the Colcord and I definitely recommend staying there if you are in town.

All in all my golden birthday exceeded my expectations! Poor Mark's golden birthday is August 1st, so unfortunately Mark was unable to celebrate his golden birthday in style! The pictures are in reverse order!













No comments: